The Lakeland Chamber Foundation is one of the greatest assets this Chamber has in serving the diverse needs of our community. Founded in 1973 as a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization, the Foundation serves to support worthwhile community and education betterment initiatives.
Through the generous contributions of member businesses and individuals, the Foundation is able to award small grants to not-for-profit organizations in the Lakeland area to support specific community and education betterment projects.
Organizations must meet the following criteria to be eligible for grant awards:
- Program to be funded must fall under the following LCF major areas of emphasis: Education and Community Betterment.
- Applicants are required to hold 501(c)(3) status in order to qualify for funding.
- Funds must be used to benefit the Greater Lakeland area.
- Funds are restricted to operational use to support specific programs and cannot be used to fund Capital Projects (e.g., bricks and mortar), Permanent Personnel Costs (e.g., wages, benefits), or any other recurring Overhead Costs.
If you are aware of community not-for-profit organizations that meet these grant guidelines, please have them contact Darla Sechrest Pettaway at the Chamber via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (863) 688-8551, ext. 228, for further information on the grant program.
2017 Grant Recipients
- Achievement Academy
- Central Florida Speech & Hearing Center, Inc.
- Children's Clothes Closet at First United Methodist Church
- Citizen CPR, Inc.
- Early Learning Coalition of Polk Co.
- Explorations V Children's Museum
- Good Shepherd Hospice
- Imperial Symphony Orchestra
- Junior Achievement of Polk County
- kidsPACK, Inc.
- Lakeland Community Theatre, Inc.
- Lakeland Volunteers In Medicine, Inc.
- Leadership Lakeland
- Pace Center for Girls, Inc.
- Parker Street Ministries
- Polk Education Foundation
- Polk Museum of Art
- READ Lakeland, Inc.
- The Salvation Army Serving West Polk County
- Sunrise Community of Central Florida, Inc.
- United Way of Central Florida Success by 6
- VISTE/Volunteers in Service to the Elderly
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!)