The Guitar Department at Harrison School for the Arts will be holding a live concert on Tuesday, November 16 at 7 p.m. in the black box theatre. Tickets are $12 adults, $9 students/seniors and may be purchased at www.harrisonarts.com. Harrison School for the Arts is located at 750 Hollingsworth Rd., Lakeland, FL 33801.
Under the direction of Dr. Robert Phillips students will be performing a number of ensemble works representing a wide range of styles of music from classical to jazz, and from Eastern European to Japanese. They will play music by Antonin Dvorak, Roque Carbajo, Edward Elgar, Shigeru Matsuoka and others. There will also be solo guitar performances that will include works by Andrew York, Antonio Carlos Jobim, and Francisco Tarrega and more.
About this event
Harrison Live Concerts
In an effort to reduce risk surrounding the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting the capacity of the audience in the theatre to allow for social distancing. We will also be following the guidelines below from PCPS for having a live performance with an audience:
• All guests will have their temperature checked before entering the theatre
• All guests must wear face masks per district guidelines
• All tickets are being sold online only as general admission and doors will open at 6:30
• Families should sit together but should maintain a minimum of 6 ft. between other parties
• Guests should not congregate in the lobby before or after the performance
• Families should meet their students outside or at their cars after the concert
Harrison Live Streams
In addition to performances in the theatre, we are also offering something new for the first concerts of the 2020-2021 season: live streams! The same performance by our students on stage in the Harrison Theatre will be streamed live. This means that you can attend the performance live at home, watching it on a screen in your own living room. The live stream consists of the entire performance itself with a single camera angle showing the entire stage. The event is a live broadcast only and will not be recorded or replayed at a later date. You must have the ability to watch the event live just as you would in person.