Tuesday, April 27th, the Lakeland Chamber of Commerce HONORS presented by Suncoast Credit Union was held at the RP Funding Center. Throughout the event, the Lakeland Chamber celebrated their 100-year anniversary and shared new insight into The Works Business Resource Center coming to Lakeland’s “Downtown West,” just 0.25 miles away from Bonnet Springs Park. More information about that project can now be found here. Also, several local businesses and community leaders were awarded with the Lakeland Chamber’s HONORS and Legacy Awards. Below is a list of the award winners.
- Employer of the Year was awarded to Citizens Bank & Trust
- Volunteer of the Year was awarded to Ron Britt from Fred’s Market Restaurant
- Rising Business of the Year was awarded to Ring Roofing, Inc.
- Businessman of the Year was awarded to Chuck McDanal of Studio C Solutions
- Businesswoman of the Year was awarded to Michelle Ledford from MADE Brands
- Non-Profit of the Year was awarded to Explorations V Children’s Museum
- The Scott Linder Small Business of the Year was awarded to Express Employment Professionals
- The George Jenkins Award was awarded to Richard “Dick” Mason (Chamber Past Chair 1976)
To end the HONORS event the gavel was passed from previous Board Chair, Matthew Clark of Broadway Real Estate Services to the Lakeland Chamber’s new Board Chair, William T. Link, Jr. of Reed Mawhinney & Link, PLLC.
The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce is incredibly thankful to all of those who attended the HONORS event and congratulates all the winners.