Lakeland, FL – Lakeland Regional Health has the following good news to share:
- Umair Syed Ahmed, MD, FASN, joins Lakeland Regional Health Physician Group as a Nephrologist at the North Campus/Hollis Cancer Center. Dr. Ahmed earned his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from Aga Khan University in Karachi, Pakistan, and completed his Residency in Internal Medicine at West Virginia University. Dr. Ahmed is a Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology, completing his fellowship in Nephrology at West Virginia University. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine and in Nephrology and is a Certified Hypertension Specialist through the American Hypertension Specialist Certification Program.
- Heather Cristofaro, APRN, joins Lakeland Regional Health Physician Group as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, caring for trauma patients at Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center. Ms. Cristofaro earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at Polk State College and her Master of Science in Nursing degree at Florida Southern College in Lakeland. She is certified by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- Ailia Ali, MD, joins Lakeland Regional Health Physician Group as a Pulmonologist and Critical Care Physician at the Grasslands Campus and Medical Center. Dr. Ali earned her Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from Aga Khan University in Karachi, Pakistan, and completed her Residency in Internal Medicine at West Virginia University. Dr. Ali completed her Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at West Virginia University. She is certified in Internal Medicine, Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Deana Nelson, DSc, MHA, RN, FACHE, Senior Vice President of Administration and Corporate Priorities at Lakeland Regional Health, served as a panelist during the Tampa Bay Chapter of the American Institute of Architects annual meeting. The topic is “Tampa Bay Healthcare: State of the Systems.” Dr. Nelson will focus on the Center for Behavioral Health & Wellness and the incorporation of therapeutic and healing properties of natural light in its design. The Center is currently under construction and is slated to open in 2022 on the Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center Campus.
- Lauren Morata, DNP, APRN-CNS, CCRN, CCNS; Mary Lou Sole, PhD, RN, CCNS, CNL; Frank Guido-Sanz, PhD, APRN, ANP-BC, AGACNP-BC; Carrie Ogilvie, DNP, RN, ACNS-BC, CCRN; and Rebecca Rich, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP, had their work published in the March 2021 issue of the American Journal of Critical Care. The article is titled “Manual Vs. Automatic Prone Positioning and Patient Outcomes in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.”
- Rebecca Conley, PharmD, BCCCP; Rebecca L. Rich, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP; and Jennifer Montero, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP, had their work published in the April 2021 issue of Critical Care Nurse. The article is titled “Safety of a Nurse-Driven Standardized Potassium Replacement Protocol in Critically Ill Patients with Renal Insufficiency.”