Lakeland, FL – Lakeland Regional Health has seen a steady volume of COVID-19 patients over the last week at its Medical Center. Right now, we have 50 COVID-19 positive patients in our Medical Center and 10 COVID-19 patients awaiting testing results.
While the state of Florida enters Phase 3 of reopening and Winter Haven and Lakeland mask mandates are not in effect, our infectious disease specialists remind residents to wear masks, avoid large gatherings, wash hands, keep socially distant and stay informed from reliable sources. As such, we want to ensure that our community is kept informed of how the local hospital is faring during the pandemic.
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to offering the most convenient and accurate testing options to the community.
Lakeland Regional Health begins rolling out rapid COVID-19 testing at its Pediatric, Primary and Urgent Care locations. To schedule a COVID-19 examination and test with one of our pediatric or primary care providers, please call 863.284.5000. At the following Urgent Care and Walk-In locations, appointments will not be required:
- Walk-In Care, Gateway: 2815 Lakeland Hills Blvd, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Urgent Care, Pablo Campus: 130 Pablo St., Lakeland. 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (Opening October 19)
- Urgent Care, Lake Miriam: 4710 S Florida Ave, Lakeland. 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
As a result, our Respiratory Care Center, which opened on April 13, 2020, to provide examinations, X-rays and testing for the community, will close on October 18, 2020.
Our Drive-Thru Testing Centers in North and South Lakeland and our Pediatric Testing Center at our Children’s Emergency Department remain open. Our Pediatric Testing Center continues to see a high volume of patients, with an average of 180 tests per week.
We currently have 749 patients admitted to our Medical Center, with 40% of our Intensive Care Unit beds available for patients. Please be reminded that these numbers change rapidly as patients are discharged or moved and new patients are admitted.
- As more establishments fully reopen, local mask mandates are no longer in effect and travel and get-togethers may be planned for the holidays, our infectious disease specialists advise the public to not let their guard down with safety precautions.
- If your child is awaiting test results for COVID-19 or if a member of your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please keep your child home from school. The same applies to workplaces.
- We continue to see an increase in rhinovirus and adenovirus infections, particularly among our pediatric patients.
- Residents are encouraged to get their flu shots, particularly in the middle of a pandemic. Call 863.284.5000 to schedule a flu shot.
- While our community remains socially distant and prepares for a possible second wave, we know that the continued isolation from friends and family members can take a toll on behavioral wellness. If you notice anyone facing a difficult time, our experts have shared and prepared several behavioral health resources available at our online COVID-19 Business Resource Center, https://mylrh.org/businessresources/.