Leadership Lakeland is administered by a steering committee and the board of directors of the Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce. This group guides the program’s structure, budget, fees and candidate selection.
Leadership Lakeland enhances the development of long-term leadership in the community by:
- Identifying existing and emerging leadership from various geographic, occupational and economic segments of the community who have a sincere commitment to remain in the Lakeland area.
- Acquainting the participants with a wide range of community issues, resources and opportunities that exist in greater Lakeland and Polk County to discover a greater sense of community.
- Increasing the leadership skills of the participants and developing an “esprit de corps” among them, which will provide a common ground for working together on present and future community and Chamber projects.
- Providing participants with an opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with each other and existing community leaders to learn from the backgrounds and perspectives of one another.
- Assisting participants in finding placement in volunteer roles in the community and within the Chamber with renewed energy to lead within their chosen arena.
- Acquainting the participants with the Leadership Lakeland Alumni Association.
- Individuals who have attained a top leadership position within their business/organization or who have the potential for advancement to top leadership positions.
- Individuals with excellent potential to play a significant role in the community’s future.
- Individuals who have demonstrated a commitment and interest to serve in the community and the Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Individuals who have an occupational commitment to remain in Lakeland.
- Individuals who represent a cross-section of the community, including business, government, human service, community volunteers and professionals.
- Individuals who will commit to one full day a month for eight months, a mandatory orientation/reception, plus a mandatory two-day opening retreat, an evening mid-year retreat and a day-long closing retreat with graduation.
- Individuals who are physically able to participate in the strenuous/physically challenging agendas, which will include a considerable amount of walking, climbing stairs and being in close quarters.
For additional information, please contact the Chamber, (863) 688-8551, Ext 230.
For information about the Leadership Lakeland Alumni Association, please CLICK HERE!