Investing in the Chamber is the most cost-effective business strategy your company can implement. For less than you spend on the break room coffee, your business can be part of the largest business organization in Polk County, and the 6th largest in the state.
Investment in the Lakeland Chamber gives your company the opportunity to keep up with the latest public policy changes, find training and professional development opportunities, gain exposure for your product and your brand, and network with like-minded individuals to continue to strengthen Lakeland’s economy.
The first quantifiable study of Chamber membership was done just a few years ago. Partially sponsored by IBM, the survey found that 63% of consumers prefer to shop and do business with chamber members. With more than nearly 1,500 business members, 80% of whom are small businesses, the Lakeland Chamber just makes sense in your company’s business plan. Join today to find your value.
Why Get Involved with Chamber Investment?
- Access to Information: The Chamber is a valuable resource, housing information to promote and assist your business and the community.
- Business After Hours: Network with hundreds of other Chamber members in a social and casual atmosphere at varied locations throughout the community by exchanging business cards and developing leads.
- Business Contacts: Through involvement in Chamber activities, meet area business people and potential customers.
- “Buy Lakeland. It makes good cents!”: This important campaign encourages Lakeland residents and visitors to “Buy Lakeland” and support the local businesses that support the community. Investors are also encouraged to support other investor businesses.
- Chamber Champions: Outstanding veteran members mentor new members for the first three months of membership helping new members target what services benefit their businesses.
- Convention & Visitors Bureau: This bureau markets Lakeland and Polk County as an ideal convention and tourist destination.
- Forum 2.0 for Business: This weekly e-newsletter provides topical business information and updates on Chamber progress and news.
- Involvement Opportunities: Join a committee or two and have a direct impact on the future of your community while promoting your business.
- EMERGE Lakeland: Provides opportunities for our young business leaders to become more involved in the Chamber and community.
- LEADS Groups: The Chamber’s Leads Groups offers the opportunity for members to meet weekly and exchange business leads and information.
- Mailing Labels: Target your marketing with access to mailing labels provided at a nominal fee.
- Marketing Opportunities: Advertise in the Forum 2.0 e-Newsletter, the Chamber’s Business Card Showcase, or on LakelandChamber.com.
- New Investor Receptions: Network with other new members and get a chance to learn about the Chamber and all your investment has to offer you and your business.
- Pro-Business Advocacy: The Chamber monitors local and state issues that affect business and the quality of life through the Advocacy Committee and BusinessVoice of Greater Lakeland, Inc.
- Professional Development: The Chamber offers seminars and educational activities throughout the year geared to assist the business community, specifically small business.
- Relocation Inquiries: As the experts on Lakeland, families call the Chamber and visit LakelandChamber.com before they visit or move. Be the first to promote your product or service to these new residents before they establish their buying patterns.
- Ribbon Cuttings: Opportunity with the Mayor and pictures put in the Forum 2.0 e-newsletter that is distributed to nearly 3,000 individuals and on our various social media platforms.
- Small Business Award Committee: This committee is responsible for selecting and recognizing one small business each month that epitomizes entrepreneurial spirit, business excellence and community involvement. One of the 12 will be recognized at the end of the year with the Scott Linder Small Business of the Year Award.
- Website: Log on to LakelandChamber.com to get the latest information and Chamber news. The Chamber’s Community Calendar serves as a resource for local events and happenings.
Chamber Advantage Plans
Our Membership Advantage Plans give business members a clear and well defined list of benefits and value ranging from business listings in our award winning publications to event participation and sponsorship. Of course, this is all in addition to the work that the Chamber’s professional staff does each day to ensure that your business has every opportunity for success here in Lakeland.
Click on the Advantage Plan descriptions below to read more about the benefits of each level. Items in bold are different from the previous level. Once you have determined the investment plan that best fits your business needs, click here to be directed to our online membership application or download and print a paper copy of the application below. You will also find a "Frequently Asked Questions" form below to assist you with questions you may have relating to our Advantage Plans.
Advantage Plan Levels
COUNCIL OF ADVISORS
BOARD OF GOVERNORS